Westmead Breast Cancer Institute (BCI) is proud to host the ninth Leura International Breast Cancer Conference with our collaborators the Australasian Society of Breast Disease (ASBD) and Breast Surgeons of Australia & New Zealand (BreastSurgANZ).
Once again, the Conference will be held in Breast Cancer Awareness Month over three days from Wednesday 23 to Saturday 26 October 2024 at the boutique Fairmont MGallery Hotel within Sydney’s iconic Blue Mountains area.
Leura 2024 provides a unique opportunity for registrants, sponsors and exhibitors to attend a truly multidisciplinary breast cancer conference, covering all aspects of a holistic and patient centred model of care for breast disease from screening to diagnosis, treatment and supportive care in a world of integrated services.
The Program will take a similar format to Leura 2016 with Plenary and breakout sessions. Topics covered will include:
- Maximising the use of biomarkers to guide systemic therapy
- Sequencing of treatment in metastatic breast cancer
- Innovations in breast conservation, pushing the boundaries
- Antibody drug conjugates new and emerging systemic treatment
- Addressing the challenges of follow-up care for breast cancer patients
- Harnessing AI and big data for innovations in care Neoadjuvant systemic therapy and the challenges for the MDT
- Using the power of the immune system in breast cancer
- New approaches in the management of ER-positive disease
- De-escalation of breast cancer treatment, how low can we go?
- Novel methods for localisation
- DCIS, are we overtreating?
- Innovations in imaging
- Oral poster presentations
- Breast Pathology
- Surgical update: Perforator flaps
- Self-care for the breast cancer team
- 101 workshops
- Breast Imaging
- Radiotherapy update
- Medical Oncology: Case Studies
- Supportive Care